The greatest symbol of a Guest Experience is a smile.
A great deal of research has been done on why smiling matters. A journey through neuroscience, anthropology, sociology and psychology has helped uncover the untapped powers of the smile.
A smile is a simple and surprisingly powerful way to significantly improve your own life and the lives of others.
On the eleventh day of Christmas Guest Experiences, your Guest Experience peers give to you:
11 Reasons to Smile
A genuine smile:
- Makes us more attractive.
- Helps us to change our mood.
- Makes you look good and feel good.
- Helps us stay more positive.
- Releases endorphins that act as natural painkillers.
- Makes us look younger.
- Releases a warmer vocal tone.
- Becomes contagious with others.
- Relieves our stress.
- Triggers certain hormones that lower heart rate and steady breathing.
- Eases the tension in a tense moment.
Having a smile is part of what makes Disney legendary. For years making eye contact and a smile were the first of Disney’s Seven Service Guidelines. Under Disney’s current Service Basics, Smiling is listed as the first way to project a positive image and energy. It’s been a heritage of Disney’s to have their Cast Members greet others with a smile. – J. Jeff Kober
inspired by and adapted from The Wonderful World of Customer Service at Disney