- Defining – define the problem you’re trying to solve
- Borrowing – Borrow ideas from places with a similar problem
- Combining – Connect and combine these borrowed ideas
- Incubating – Allow the combinations to incubate into a solution
- Judging – Identify the strength and weakness of the solution
- Enhancing – Eliminate the weak points while enhancing the strong ones
Read a quick summary of the six steps here. You can also get more information at this website. But don’t stop there – by all means pick up a copy of the book and explore it deeper – and you will find yourself looking at creativity in a whole new light.
Got a challenge staring you in the face, and looking for a solution. Why not follow the steps above by “borrowing some brilliance” and formulate your own unique solution?