Part 5 of a series on the book “Transformational Church“
The second transformational loop described by Ed Stetzer and Thom Rainer is labeled Embrace. It contains three elements; the first two have been covered in previous posts here and here. Today, a look at Prayerful Dependence.
Prayer is our link to receive understanding from God about His church and move forward in obedience to His mission.
Prayer is done with expectancy rather than out of repetitive behavior
Strategies, excellence, methods, or even commitment cannot substitute for humble dependence on God
Prayer Priorities of Christ
- The proper use of His house
- The accessibility of “all people” to a relationship with Him
- The response to His praying people
Transformational Prayer Practices
- Praying churches experience breakthroughs
- Praying churches have praying leaders
- Praying churches commonly experience answers to prayer
- Praying churches pray for members by name
- Praying churches have systems and processes
- Praying churches have corporate prayer
- Praying churches engage their communities through prayer
- Praying churches have praying events
Prayer is the engine of Transformational Churches.
The excerpts above are from the book “Transformational Church” by Ed Stetzer and Thom Rainer. Transformational Church is the result of a comprehensive study of thousands of churches where truly changing lives is the standard set for ministry.
Next: Engage – Worship: Actively Embrace Jesus
Previous posts in the series:
3 thoughts on “Prayerful Dependence”
Pingback: Worship: Actively Embrace Jesus « 27gen
Pingback: Community: Connect with People « 27gen
Pingback: Mission: Show Jesus Through Word & Action « 27gen