The challenge for leaders in every field is to emerge from turbulent times with closer connections to their customers, with more energy and creativity from their people, and with greater distance between them and their rivals.
Ten Questions Every Game Changer Must Ask
- Do you see opportunities the competition doesn’t?
- Do you have new ideas about where to look for new ideas?
- Are you the most of anything?
- If your organization went out of business tomorrow, who would miss you and why?
- Have you figured out how your organization’s history can help to shape its future?
- Do you have customers who can’t live without you?
- Do your people care more than the competition?
- Are you getting the best contributions from the most people?
- Are you consistent in your commitment to change?
- Are you learning as fast as the world is changing?
– “Practically Radical,” William Taylor
Before you can be a game changer, first, you have to be in the game.