When we begin to honor God as Creator, Creation Care becomes part and parcel of everything we do. We begin to look at everything through a new lens.
Calvin B. DeWitt, author of “Earth-Wise: A Biblical Response to Environmental Issues, 2nd Ed.” gives the following eight biblical principles for creation care:
- The Earthkeeping Principle – As the Lord keeps and sustains us, so must we keep and sustain our Lord’s creation.
- The Fruitfulness Principle – We should enjoy but not destroy creation’s fruitfulness.
- The Sabbath Principle – We must provide for creation’s Sabbath rests.
- The Discipleship Principle – We must be disciples of Christ – the Creator, Sustainer, and Reconciler of all things.
- The Kingdom Priority Principle – WE must seek first the kingdom of God.
- The Contentment Principle – We must seek true contentment.
- The Praxis Principle – We must practice what we believe.
- The Conservation Principle – We must return creation’s service to us with service of our own.
Maybe it’s time to reread the Scriptures in a new light, searching for insights on God as Creator and how we can rightly live on earth.
2 thoughts on “Biblical Principles for Creation Care”
Hi, I’m Alexei Laushkin I’m the senior director for http://creationcare.org. could we link/re-post this?
Sure Alexei – feel free to link and repost!