The January issue of Fast Company magazine featured articles on Generation Flux. I thoroughly enjoyed it, posting several applications to ChurchWorld:
The March issue has arrived, focusing on the world’s 50 Most Innovative Companies. Again, there are some great lessons for ChurchWorld – starting with Editor Robert Safian’s lead editorial. He linked his feature story from the Generation Flux issue to themes that emerged in the Top 50 list. Here are the top eight themes:
- Growth should be a tactic, not a strategy
- Big companies need to be nimble as startups
- Tech is disruptive in unexpected places
- Design is a competitive advantage
- Social media makes products and services better
- Data is power
- Money is flowing
- Copycats are history
These themes emerged from business names you will recognize, but the truths behind them also have application in your organization – or they should.
Tomorrow: a closer look at these themes and how they are impacting ChurchWorld.